We made a quick trip down to Riverside over the weekend. My sister and her family were in town from Colorado.
Samantha with her cousin's Dylan and Lauren
Samantha's first introduction to video games
Visiting my brothers kids, Alyssa and Adrianna. Samantha was not in the mood for pictures :)


While we were there my dad decided he would demonstrate the proper way to do a headstand for the kids. He proceeded to do the headstand, fell over and then became unresponsive. We thought he was having a heart attack but could not tell if he was joking or not. When we realized it was not a joke, 911 was called. Minutes later my dad began to regain consciousness and was laughing. The emergency crews arrived and his vitals checked out okay. It was determined that the position he got himself into put pressure on his carotid artery causing him to faint.
The dialogue in the room between everyone went sort of like this:
Fireman: "So Mr. Robinson, can you tell me what exactly you were doing?"
Mr. Robinson: "I was doing a headstand"
Fireman: "Was it freestyle or were you leaning up against a wall"
Mr. Robinson: "Oh I did it freestyle"
Fireman: "Interesting. Well everything checks out okay. Try and leave the breakdancing to the kids. If you would like, we can take the kids for a ride around the neighborhood in the firetruck"
Kids: "YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
2 comments:
That is the funniest story I've ever heard!
Hey! I want to go on a ride with the firemen too! :)
Post a Comment