Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Second and Fourth Grade

Here we go, an upper grader and a lower grader! Which means two different pick-up times, Samantha is closer to being out of elementary school 😢 and we are back to 6:30AM wake-ups calls. 👎


Annual shopping trip to the mall down in Ventura to hit up some shops, specifically Target and lunch at CPK.


Thatcher was mad at his dessert choice after he saw what Samantha got. 



I love a good mall with all the mall shops. It's so funny living in Santa Barbara and not having something like this. We are getting a Target, FINALLY, but it isn't looking good as far as timing and it is a "mini" version of Target so I think I'll still be heading south for the real deal.


This is what we came home with from Target. Nothing for school but a whole lot of stuff to redo the kids' rooms. 



Are these not the cutest surfer sheets you've ever seen?




Who needs pencils, shoes that fit or Kleenex when there is candy? 




We did make a Tilly's stop back in SB. 



Amazon Prime to the rescue on the supply list. 




The night before second grade.


First day of fourth grade! 






Those shorts on Sam are gonna be SHORT in June for our last day of school pic. 😂



Sam's home room teacher is Mrs. Gil, sling compliments of a tennis injury. Sam splits her time in another classroom with Mrs. Stirling, so I'll have to get a photo of her because she spends just as much time, if not more, in her class. 


Thatcher has Mrs. Wilcox. So far, Thatcher hasn't had one teacher that Samantha has had. It's kind of fun for them to have different teachers although we really REALLY liked Sam's teacher in third grade so that wouldn't be a bad thing if they finally got the same one. 



Sam and her crew plus her brother. 






Second grade field trip (Thatcher can't remember where he was going and neither do I!) but these three kids just had their first flag football practice and I can't get enough of the sporty Peabody boys. It is so fun! 


A gem from Thatcher. We get a lot of these. 


These kids are spoiled with good school lunches.


Sam's little buddy, Blake. 




We were over the moon that Lila came over to Peabody. Lila showed up about a week late because she was in Hawaii. I love Leanne's lifestyle ;) 


Matching shirts for Lila's first day!



Showing around the family. Caleb is one lucky guy! 



Introduced Lila to Cinnamon Roll Fri-Yays! 


They are just a hop, skip and a bike ride from school. 


One of the things we love about Mrs. Stirling is how involved she is with many of the academic clubs on campus. She encouraged Sam to join the Geography Club. I treasure our late start Fridays but had to give those up to get Sam to school by 8AM for the club. 


These two. 


Falling asleep studying. 


Tall Ship overnight field trip. 



Only a few students applied to be a Boatswain, the officer in charge of the ship, and Sam was picked! She was known as Mr. Fallon on board as there were no females allowed on the ship back in the day. Fellow parents told me that Mr. Fallon was BOSSY! Good girl for getting into character! 


We may or may not have rode our bikes to the harbor to spy on the crew that night. 








I have no idea what happened to Thatcher's shorts this night! Ethika underwear are kind of like shorts, kind off. 


They are up most of the night, bossing crew members around and not much sleep happens. Bless you Coach Jules and other parents who volunteer for this one. 




Ortis, Valdivia, Fisher and Assili, poor things with Mr. Fallon. 




Sam came home that morning, took a shower and went right to bed until it was time to pick Thatcher up from school.


Harvest Carnival! 


Pretty butterfly Lila



We STILL have not won a cake all these years. 



But they keep trying and trying! 


I love their style. 



Lollipop loves to greet the kids at pick-up.





Thatcher thought it was crazy hair day this particular day.


Sam was 100% sure it wasn't because she was elected on the student council this year as the 4th grade liaison and one of her jobs is to go around to the lower grade classrooms and give them information about important dates such as spirit days.


He looks cute though. 


Again, Mateo and Thatcher, such a special bond since kindergarten. 


I have yet to buy any of these from either kid but Thatcher's was pretty good this year. 


Sam's kind of scared me. lol 


Thatcher took ukulele for Fall quarter. 



Cousin Lauren even got to come and watch. 






It's always exciting to open Thatcher's backpack and see what I'm going to get! 


I help during math in Thatcher's class. Let's just say that Thatcher is the BOSSIEST group math participant I know. He says he is "leading" the group. I say, "give everyone else a chance." But he's SO confident in math, everything else, not so much...


Love this kid!












Thatcher vs. Ula




When non-Peabody friends come to pickup! 


Holy Ukulele! 


Our little Don Juan serenading us during dinner. 






I help in literature circle in Sam's class and boy do they write and write and write and TALK about it. It is so fun! 





Thatcher is always getting Panther Paws! I will say while most of the time he is earning these with just being a good kid,  he has figured out that he can pick up trash around the yard duty teachers and they will give him one ;) 


Sam worked so hard each week in Geography Club. 


So hard that this happened...she made it into the school Geography Bee! 



She made it a few rounds before getting out but pretty impressive for being the youngest and only one representing fourth grade! 


The questions were HARD! I was nervous for her and so proud when she got questions correct. 





Once Geography Club was over, we were back to late start and Cinnamon Roll Fridays. 


4th grade Lotusland field trip. 








These three are always helping Coach Steph, one of the P.E. teachers, so she told them one morning she would bring them giant slurpees. And recently, she did! Breakfast of champions!



The literature packets Sam does each week are a lot of work and Mrs. Stirling reads every single word. I love to read her comments. 


Walk Through California presentation. Yee Haw! 



Literature project on orphanages. 


Literature project on horses. 


Making Thunder Cake with Chef Laurel



Sam surprised me again and made it from her class Spelling Bee to the school Spelling Bee.



We practiced a packet of words for days but of course none of those were given on the actual day. She didn't win but for certain she can spell "Albuquerque" now. 


Love his self portrait! 







I wish I had handwriting like Sam!









4th grade poem


Sam now gets letter grades for math and reading. While only three grades are given, she got A's in all three so that works for Straight A's ;) 



Thatcher would rather be outside than in the classroom but not bad.


Unless it is math.

I already know there has been some good improvement since this. ;)











No comments: