Sunday, February 11, 2018

Random July Photos


These kids are always creative during play dates. 



The summer brought out a lot of competitive ping pong.


And card games. 


I think there may be some sort of doodle dog in my future. I love Fred! He's like a giant muppet that likes to be carried like a baby. 


Dance Party!


How great are Roo's moves? 


 It's much easier to get Thatcher out of a party when we can carry him out. 


Electric scooter for the win up the hill. 


Although we did some power walking and 


running later. 


The problem of being so far behind on this blog is not remembering why in July we were eating cake at the Paskin's house but how cute is Derby?! (and how good does that cake look?!)



How can you stand to watch that sweet face watch you eat cake?!


Oh Sam, you are torturing him! 


So cute!


Little pup!


Headbands is the funniest game and watching Jack and Thatcher play is even funnier. 


The concentration! 


I feel like Thatcher is trying to read his card with his own eyes here. 🤔


I was riding my bike and saw this guy run into the pole with one of those RENT ME tourist mobiles. 


I am guessing he lost his deposit. 


Surf day.




The bar at Arnoldi's 


The best calamari in town!



Besides the calamari (and the veggie lasagna), the bocce ball that keeps the kids busy is also the best!


Taking care of Lila's fish, Rose. 

I sent this photo to Leanne. I am not sure she will trust us to take care of a fish again. Fast forward to today and she gave us the worst/best Christmas gift this year. We now have our own fish. 🐠 


This sweet old lady. 


Thatcher's July uniform. 


His latest Lego creation. 


He thinks I want this as decoration in the front room.


He even added more to the scene. 


Incoming beach goers....This is when I run to the door quickly and lock them out and send them to the backyard and hose off. 


I never laughed so hard. 






He's been perfecting his pilates. 


All summer long.



Her hair! 


Hoping Vela can show Thatcher a thing or two. 


Guess the girls were off to surf on their own. 


Vela has the best donut float!


Here's to hoping they put an updated photo of Sam and Thatcher in the slide show. 


We don't get together as nearly as often as we should. 


Thatcher is beyond excited to see his buddy Connor. Can ya tell?


These three tweens. 


Our neighbor, Summer, is the most amazing baker! And we often come home to plates like this at our door.


Kaya and Sam skating through the park. 


Lila turned 7!













Happy hour at the Strong's new house!



Hard to believe these two are 10 now!


How excited is this sweet family?!


We loved breaking in their new home!


Speaking of excited, these two can't get enough of each other. 



Joined by their big sisters!


My lunch date while Sam was at jr. guards.


Playdate with Jessie. 


We swapped Carol and Thatcher for dinner. 


No sure why Thatcher is making this face because he got a burger and fries!


Todd hit it out of the park with another good card. 



Off to skate at Vela's on her new skate ramp INSIDE her house! 


Surf check. 


Skater. 


Rockin' Sam's pink helmet. 


More ping pong.


Lollipop and Roxy reunited!


They hadn't seen each other in six months since we had moved!




So glad they got to see each other because Roxy Roo has since gone to doggy heaven :( 


Paddle practice for the Keiki Paddle.



Moved the gang at the beach to our house!


Sting pong! Which is a game that basically puts a bunch of welts on your back. 








Watching Soul Surfer after a day at the beach and during all the shark sightings seemed like a good idea...



Playdate with the Zapata kids. 


And then back to the beach! 






Scored an extra ticket to Jack Johnson at the last minute.


I have to say, I am not THAT excited about Jack Johnson anymore however it was way more fun that I thought it was going to be. And it made me become a fan again. 


Biking with Summer to dinner. 




Guard dog Lollipop at the window. 


BBQ with new friends and old friends. 





Camp drop off. Only Reid would smile for the camera. 


These three became playdate buddies this past summer. We'd swap houses and keep them busy.

 



No pool at our house but we've got sting pong. 😬






The kids began to realize very shortly that the Snoopy Snow Cone machine isn't very efficient. It made a dixie cup every ten minutes or so. 



Sporting Grandma's hat. 


Poppy and Grandma's hotel pool. 


Brophy's 


Dinner at our house (Cathy isn't so happy about Lollipop stealing Sam's food)


Ping pong with Poppy.




Sam LOVES to be a mommy's helper to Taydem. 


We eat more here than we do at home, especially this summer. 


Jr. Guards had a day at leadbetter AND they let them wear wet suits, Sam was so happy (and warm!)




Paddle board games with guards. 




Caitlin set up shop at Shoreline and sold slime and jewelry. I think she did pretty well, even taking future orders when she sold out. 


Celebrating Sam, Finn and Duke's birthdays 



Unplanned Twinning! 





The Whittier fire burned in the distance during the party. 


Another pool opened up in the neighborhood, lucky us!


Todd playing ping pong by himself. 🤔



Headed to the Lobero Theater to watch a tribute to Linda Vega to celebrate her 30 years as a flamenco teacher in Santa Barbara. 


Thatcher wasn't that excited to go. 


I must have bribed him to make that smile because he was very grouchy at dinner. 



Intermezzo is the perfect pre-show dinner spot! 


Thatcher's bag was full of snacks and toys to keep him busy. 



Ole Linda Vega! 


We gave Dixie a bath. She had knots in her hair and needed some conditioner. Lollipop doesn't have this problem. 


Lucas is Thatcher's preschool buddy. They have one or two playdates a year. Lila was lucky to get to hang out with these sweet boys too!


Movie date. 


Lollipop sunbathing. 


I think I was disturbing her. 






Harbor kids. 



Happy Hour Holley in town!


A few weeks after 4th of July there was the most incredible fireworks show at city college for a Music Academy event. They were WAY better than the 4th of July! 




July beach days were the best! 


And beach evenings!










Video: July Beach Evenings


They LOVE getting their photo taken!


See?!


Best buds. 




Summer slip and sliding!





Lazy kids!


Video: Musical.ly Part Six


No comments: