Tuesday, March 1, 2016

2015 Family Photos

We've done yearly family photos since the kids were born and this year time just got away from us. The photographer that we have used for the past couple of years had a newborn and no time to fit us in, and frankly, family photos are very stressful to me with how much they can cost, what to wear, where to take them, getting good lighting, getting everyone to cooperate etc. etc. 

When the opportunity arose for Elizabeth Peace, a friend and amazing photographer, came up to photograph us, I jumped at the chance. But, our schedules were such that we had to get it done the very next day. So, really all we could pull off was a photo shoot of the three kids. ;) 


I rushed downtown for some photo-worthy clothes that night. 


I can't tell you how much easier it is to just coordinate two outfits instead of four! (Lollipop keeps showing up in the same outfit each year). 





I didn't have to worry about my hair so we had time to get Sam's hair done. 





There was even time to fuss over Sam's shoe and outfit choices. 







Elizabeth suggested the Botanical Gardens but at the last minute asked us to meet her at El Presidio de Santa Barbara which I was happy to do. Another bonus to this photo shoot was having the photographer select the location and she happened to choose locations we had never shot at before. 





And now for the Professional photos: 



























It was windy and FREEZING this particular afternoon. Samantha had goosebumps and chattering teeth but you would never know except for the hair blowing in some of the photos. Elizabeth was awesome directing the kids, directing the dog and I got to stay behind the scenes for the least stressful family photo shoot we've ever had. It took 25 minutes!!!!! I was shocked she was able to capture close to 200 photos that we love. So you know what this tells me, I am the one who adds the stress to our photo shoots......Todd can join next year and they can photoshop me in ;)


No comments: