Thursday, July 9, 2015

Father's Day 2015


Father's Day kicked off with gifts for Daddy. Samantha made Todd a newspaper. 



I have to say, every single night Todd reads the kids stories. Once in awhile I have to pinch hit and they say, "daddy doesn't read it like that," expressing their disappointment with the substitute storyteller. Then I have to do something drastic like act out the story which is totally ridiculous but hey, I've got to try something to one-up Todd with. It still doesn't work. 


"Thank you for supporting me. I love you. Thank you for watering the garden. You are the best every single day." This sounds like an acceptance speech. One I want to keep forever! 


Todd does order a soccer banner each year online for her AYSO team. Not sure how hard that is BUT making the gold ceilings is definitely not an easy task ;) It's cute though that the simple task of ordering a soccer banner is something she feels is important that Todd does. 


From a Maserati to Lake Tahoe to a Disney Cruise! 


And from Thatcher.....


He stapled a Yogurtland gift card inside two pieces of paper. That gift card was Samantha's so she ripped it out of Todd's hands and said, "hey, that's mine!"  Thatcher needs a lesson in gift-giving now too. 


Another shirt for Todd's standard uniform meaning it is a button down from Vans or Channel Islands or some other surf/skate shop. 


The rest of Father's Day was spent at Todd's parents house swimming with the Jones/Fallon families.  



We managed to get this guy out of the spa and into the big pool to guess what? SWIM! FINALLY! 


The kids always know where Grandma keeps her stash of silly toys. 



Grandma Marilyn made a delicious barbecue dinner. 



Papa Ward generously passed out lotto tickets to all of us and guess who came up the big winner?! $40 bucks for Thatcher! One of these times someone is going to hit the big one, I just know it! 


Brothers!


Grandma with the kiddos. 


And here's a pretty good Father's Day present, check out Thatcher swimming from each end of the pool unassisted. What's funny is I had called around to get him in private swim lessons for the next week because we'd be leaving on vacation and I really, REALLY wanted him to be swimming. All of the swim instructors in town did not return my calls except for one FINALLY called while we were on vacation and I was able to say TOO LATE, he's swimming!

Happy Father's Day, Toddy! 

No comments: