Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Palm Springs Part 2

We celebrated Poppy Ron's birthday at Las Casuelas Quinta Restaurant.  








Singing Happy Birthday to Panchito!




My birthday is the day after so Samantha kindly included me.


She also gave me a Starbucks gift card I had given her. I really need to teach her better about gift giving.  ;)



Each sentiment started with the letter of my name. I misplaced the "A" and I guess my most of the time healthy eating has sparked her to call me "nutritous"for those that can't read the innovative way she sometimes spells ;)


Every year I invite my daughter to my party ;) 


Birthday dad and daughter. 


Birthday silly selfies. 






We said goodbye to the grandparents and headed back to the hotel for our last night. 


We decided to brave the pool.


Quite a change from earlier that day. 



Thatcher at this point was almost, ALMOST swimming. And of course some cannon balls. 


Nice way to end the evening!


She's like me. Brings a new book on vacation. She's lucky because she gets to finish hers when she gets back home and as usual mine sits unread until we go out of town again...



On my way to the hotel gym in the morning I was pretty sure I spotted a penguin. 


See!


Desert rabbits. 


Breakfast in Palm Springs before heading towards home. 


And going on a diet. Geez….













The hottest we saw it all week. 111! 


A stop back at Grandma and Poppy's house. 


Yummy dinner on the patio!


ice cream!


Not only did the kids get new scooters but Thatcher got a new bike!




Ready to head to Santa Barbara!


Oh wait, that's right, the plan was to leave Thatcher for the week. 


That didn't go so hot at first. 


He was glued to Todd and changed his mind about staying. 


Until we took him to the dollar store for some toys (small bribe) and THEN we were able to return him to stay with Grandma and Poppy and the three of us headed back to SB. The ride and overall the entire week was VERY quiet without Thatcher ;)

No comments: