Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Random April Photos


I should preface the start of "Random April Photos" by saying I am now the proud owner of an iPhone 5.  I say this because most of my random photos come from my cell phone AND my droid was stolen recently so some idiot has a bunch of my pictures that are forever lost (yeah, yeah I know, I should have backed them up), HOWEVER, I LOVE my iPhone and can't believe I ever had a Droid or a Dell computer for that matter - switched to the Mac Book Air a month or so ago.  So, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the person who stole my phone for pushing me to buy an iPhone sooner than I would have but people who steal SUCK!  Now back to those random photos.....


My awesome trainer, Drea, has been challenging me on the weekends with different runs and on this particular day I ran up (well tried to run the whole thing, about a mile before the top it gets way too steep, I could either run in place or walk, I walked...) to Inspiration Point.   I had to send her this photo of me proving I made it to the top because the first weekend I tried, I got lost, like really lost..... And this was after she kept saying, "there is no way you can get lost, there are signs/arrows that point you in the right direction."  Well I got lost.... 



Lollipop had a dental cleaning appointment at the vet and we knew she had to get a tooth extracted as in ONE tooth.  I received a call from the vet later that day asking for authorization to pull 19, yes NINETEEN teeth!  Italian Greyhounds are known for their teeth issues but NINETEEN teeth had to go?!  I was shocked!  But what are you going to do.....teeth are as important as the heart for the dog and you know we would do anything for our dog so she now has one funky looking smile, we have one hefty vet bill and bonus, a fresh breathed canine that seems to be happier than ever so win-win (I think...). ;)



Samantha's class took a field trip to the Santa Barbara Fair and I was in charge of this group of three (A'xela, Carlene and Samantha).  We had an hour to walk around to all the exhibits, see a magic show and check out all the animals.  

We watched a cow milking demonstration.  That was interesting..... The cow's name was Nestle. 

And this was her four-day-old, YES FOUR, day-old calf named, Crunch!  Cute, huh?



A baby goat drinking Diet Coke ;)

And that is all the pictures I have of the fair because things got hectic towards the end. I took the girls into the petting zoo and a goat ate A'xela's skirt.  I am not exaggerating, the goat ATE her skirt!  Prior to going in they had us tuck every one's name tags in their shirts for fear the goats would eat them.  Forget the name tags, those goats were not messing around.  A dad came to the rescue and pulled the goat off of her skirt but half was already gone.




The Stones are back!  Well just for a week to visit us from Holland but we are excited to know that they are cutting their adventure short and will be returning for good in August.

We had an amazing week of activities planned with the whole group to welcome the Stones back to sunny Santa Barbara ;)

Girls' dinner at Arigato


Bocce Ball at Arnoldi's 

All the ladies (don't pay any attention to Dr. Phil over there in the corner or Thatcher) ;)
The whole crew!


We love how Thatchy gets cozy every night with his friends.


My kids have a thing for Chick-fil-A and that cow that is always waving and jumping around on State Street.


Reese and Samantha made this sign one afternoon.  Translation: No Boys Allowed.  Only Girls.  
Uh-oh....



Thatchie getting his dance moves on with the one-man band.


Shoppers.

3-year-old going on 6.


Samantha's Earth Day homework


Adding in some curb appeal to the house.


We may be entering the Lego phase...


Getting silly making lemonade.  Have I told you all reading this blog that we have a lemon tree that has a crazy amount of lemons year-round?  Want some?  

No comments: