Sunday, October 30, 2011

Big Boy Bed


Well, the crib tent kept Thatcher confined to his crib for about 6 months after he decided to jump (fall) out of his crib.  At almost 20 months old, which is exactly the point at which we transitioned Samantha to a toddler bed, Thatcher figured out a way to bypass the crib tent.  Since the tent doesn't exactly fit the model of crib we have, he was able to figure out that he can squeeze his way up the back, reach his arm around the front, and unzip it.  You can imagine my surprise when last week I heard the jumbling around of the door knob in his room with him trying to open his door (he can escape out of a crib tent AND crib but can't open a door yet....).  This initiated an hour long fiasco of me returning him back and forth to his crib until finally I had HAD IT and I put him in Samantha's twin bed (Samantha sleeps in our room during nap time since her naps are twice as long as Thatcher's and I don't want him to wake her up).

To my surprise, he stayed in her bed and napped for two hours! And each afternoon since then, he has happily gotten up in Samantha's bed for nap and says to me, "Night, night Mommy.  I wuv you."  When he is done napping he either calls me to come get him or I can hear him trying to open the door.  How can it be this easy??


I had to sneak a quick picture without opening the door all the way since it squeaks.

Thank you Deakyne family for lending us your crib tent.  While I wish we were able to use it just a little bit longer, (like until he is THREE!), I am going to return it to you in case any of your little ones decide to crib jump ;)

1 comment:

marina said...

oh my gosh what a good little boy to sleep in the big bed!
P.S. our crib tent recommends tying the zipper closed with a shoelace if they start opening it. Don't know if that would help you.