We are going on two years of owning our little Santa Barbara cottage and we STILL have not finished the darn place. If it weren't for my ultra talented husband wanting to do the entire thing himself (and the fact that we haven't won the lottery), we would be finished. But it is a labor of love, right?
Well someone must have sensed my frustration with the dirt yard because all of a sudden we have GRASS! It could not have come at a better time of year. Rain + Dirt = Mud and on our dark hardwood floors with the dog and kids, it creates quite a mess. Thank goodness I don't have to deal with that this year! Hmmmmmm, perhaps there is a kitchen fairy who wants to surprise me too?!
Todd says it grew because he has been weeding the dirt for 2 years. I am not even kidding when I say that I woke up one morning and we had a lawn. And it was FREE! It isn't perfect and we are not sure it is going to survive but I am willing to do whatever it takes to make it last.
"Now son, go mow the lawn!"
2 comments:
We went through that too with our backyard. We just mowed the weeds so it kinda looked like grass. :) Please send the kitchen fairy to me when she is done at your place. Unfortunately because the kitchen my husband has designed will cost so much, it is last on our list. We are going on 5 years here and we're half way done.
I hope I wake up one day with grass. Our backyard is a dirt lot, which makes it super fun for the dog and super not fun for me to clean after he comes through the house.
Post a Comment