Well, this is it. We go in tomorrow morning at 5 AM to have a baby. I am officially a week overdue and despite being 3 cms dilated and 90% effaced along with mild contractions happening here and there, none of the impending signs of labor came to fruition as the real deal. I must have googled, "natural induction methods" 5,000 times in the past few weeks and have tried all of them (expect for Castor Oil). Last night Todd and I watched a You Tube video on pressure points to induce labor and as he was digging his thumb into my heel we both started laughing about how it seems like the desperation to have labor start naturally was taking over our lives and how silly most of them are. I find myself marching instead of walking in the hopes that my water will break and when I begin to feel a contraction I pray that it will cripple me to the floor with pain. Basically I have come to accept that the baby won't make it's appearance until he/she is ready no matter how much spicy food I eat or how far I walk.
My hesitation with being induced stems from the LONG and PAINFUL labor I had with Samantha. And even though I have been assured by both my doctor and Mom's of more than one that the 2nd time around is much easier, it still makes me nervous. Also, there hasn't been any medically necessary reason to be induced yet (I had hypertension and low fluid with Samantha). However, when my doctor on Friday told me that the baby was getting big and looked like it had a big head (yikes!) I decided it was time to get this baby out.
All I can say is that it is the most surreal feeling to know that tomorrow (it better not go past tomorrow) we will be holding Baby Fallon in our arms. As Samantha left for her sleepover at Connor's house tonight, I told her that she will finally be meeting her little sister (I am convinced it is a girl) and she looked at me as if to say, "You have been saying that for weeks now, your big belly that you keep pointing at and referring to as the baby does not resemble any baby that I have ever seen. But whatever you say Mom." Todd and I kept hugging and kissing her before she left and you could tell she was wondering what all the fuss was about. She was just excited to get in Auntie Lala's car to go play with her friends.
All day today Todd and I kept remarking on how this was the last day of Samantha being an only child, the last time we only have to put one kid in a car seat, bathe only one kid etc. Such an odd feeling! We still refer to Samantha as "the baby" of our family and now a new little one is about to take that title. We decided Samantha's new title will be "the tornado" since she is doing a really good job lately at being the poster child for the Terrible Two's :)
So, here is the last belly shot as well as a shot of "the tornado"!
2 comments:
I must say I had a few tears fill my eyes when I read about how today will be "the last" of having Samantha as your only. I had those same thoughts the day before Kalista was born and I wept for Sophia (thinking she would be regretful that Mommy & Daddy could love another as much as her). Thankfully, I was so wrong and having my girls has been a blessing! I know you will feel the same (girls or girl/boy)!
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
Post a Comment