This weekend we watched Connor and Zuki while his parents were getting a well deserved break at the Ojai Valley Inn and Spa. While they were relaxing by the heated pool and getting spa treatments, we were up to our ears in toddler tantrums. JOKING! They actually were really good. We realized after day 1 that naps and bedtime were going to be a bit difficult but other than that, they were great.
I decided the first day to let them nap in the same room because when I tried to separate them they were both hysterical. They were like kids at a slumber party chatting away for over an hour. I listened to them on the monitor saying things like:
"Do you like orange? I like the color orange"
"Mantha, shhhhhh, be quiet, I'm resting"
"Connor, you there?"
"I'm a dinosaur, roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!"
"You tired? I not tired. No nap"
And then when I would go in the room they both would pretend to be asleep.
Poor little Zuki had just had surgery to remove a cancerous tumor on his face. We are so happy he is going to be okay. Lollipop took it easy on Zuki this weekend and didn't play too rough and Samantha helped nurse Zuki back to health by hand feeding him because his cone made it difficult for him to eat.
All bundled up and ready to go out for pizza and pasta.
At what age do they realize they aren't really playing and start asking for quarters?
1 comment:
i laughed out loud re: the video games with no quarters. hilarious! sadly, it won't last long enough!
Post a Comment