Sunday, January 24, 2010

Book Club

I belong to a Book Club with a group of wonderful ladies. About every 6 weeks we meet to discuss the chosen book, eat yummy food, drink good wine and mainly socialize. I would say that 5% of the meeting is talking about the book while the other 95% of the time is spent catching up, sharing stories and laughing about the silly things our children do.

It was my turn to host the meeting and the book we read was "Sarah's Key". The majority of the group gave it two thumbs up. I really enjoyed it, but I warn you, it is not a very uplifting book, not many stories about the holocaust are.

With some menu planning help from my ultra-talented friend Holley (who should write a book on entertaining), I made a variety of tapa's which included: 3 Cheese Mini-Mac Bites, Roasted Shrimp Cocktail, Caesar Salad Spears, Spinach-Artichoke Dip and Miniature Stuffed Potatoes. Later in the evening we devoured 3 desserts that other's brought to share: Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chocolate Cake and Brownies. And I would say that not much wine was drank this time around because there were 6 ladies who are expecting their 2nd child.

Here are some pics from the evening:





Don't let this picture fool you. While it may seem like Kristin is expressing her point of view on the book, she is really just telling us the birth story of her newest addition, Baby Maritt. We were all listening intently, especially those of us who are expecting, hoping to hear that the 2nd time around is much easier than the 1st :)


2 comments:

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

I don't read many books unless they're kid's books. I am currently reading The Spiderwick Chronicles with Chase. But I want to join your book club just for the food. Also, I can't believe you are so close to having this baby. Seems to have gone by so fast (I'm sure not to you though). I'm dying to know what you have in there! Feb. 5th is the day you're shooting for!

SB in SB said...

Your presentation looks beautiful and tasty! I'd like to chow down on some of those tapas right now. Probably not the best attitude after coming back from spin class. :)