Big news - we are having another baby!
After suffering a miscarraige at 9 weeks in April, the news that we were pregnant again in June was both exciting and nervewracking. I have been so worried that I may miscarry again that it hasn't been the most relaxing first trimester. Not to mention that I have had morning, noon and night sickness!
I am happy to say that we have made it through the first trimester and everything looks great. I still have bouts of nausea but not nearly as bad as it had been from week 5 through 11.
On Father's Day I surprised Todd with the news. Upon reading the cake, he looked confused. He then asked, "Who is baby?" It took him a few minutes for it all to register and once it did, he was thrilled. And then we both proceeded to eat an entire cake that serves 50 for the next week. It's okay because I am eating for two right?

Here is the kidney bean at 7 weeks
And again at 9 weeks
And finally looking like an actual baby at 12 weeks (although the baby was measuring 13 weeks)....could be all that cake! The official due date is February 28th. We have decided to keep the gender a surprise. We found out with Samantha however this time around we are less concerned about having a boy or girl and more concerned about delivering a healthy baby. Plus, the first time around not knowing what to expect with labor (OUCH!) was the real suprise. Now that I know what to expect (I am praying for an easier labor), we wanted some element of surprise. Also, how neat is it going to be when the doctor announces, "It's a _____!", just like they do in the movies!
While this pregnancy has been harder than my first in that I have been so sick, it has been flying by. I rarely check to see which week I am in and when I do, I am surprised by how far along I am. I am way too tired to read about the development of the fetus, whether the arm buds have sprouted or if eyelids have formed. I think a lot of this has to do with a certain 21 month old....
Pregnancy cravings? YES!
cupcakes
ice cream
pizza with jalapenos and pineapple
bagels with cream cheese
watermelon
apples
pasta
popsicles
And I find myself putting crushed red pepper on everything
At least there are 2 healthy things on that list...And yes, I have already sent my dear husband to the store late one evening to fulfill a cupcake craving emergency. Thanks Todd.
And what does Samantha think of the news?
We have told her that there is a baby growing in Mommy's belly and she has been to all the doctor's appointments thus far. The only thing she has gotten out of it is that Bellies = A Baby. So, she is going up to everyone pregnant or not, male or female, and pointing to their belly saying, "BABY"!
I guess come February Samantha will get the real idea, right?
5 comments:
Congratulations! I'm so thrilled for y'all. And will be happy to support the cravings. Let me know what I can make/buy.
WOO-HOO! I'm so excited for you. I love when I get to eat for 2! :) Oh, and I totally think I see a weiner sticking up in that last ultrasound picture... so my guess is a boy!
YEAH! Congrats!
Oh Ronda! I'm so happy for you guys!!! I hope you will start to feel better throughout the rest of the pregnancy. Oh, and thank you so much for that recommendation to the sleep book. Camille is sleeping much better now and is going to bed 1-2 hours earlier then before.
You have a beautiful family, congratulations, I'm sure Samantha will be such a great big sister!
Post a Comment