Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Pony Girl

Fiesta has begun in Santa Barbara so we decided to check out El Mercado Del Norte. I had heard they had lots of fun things for toddlers to do and Samantha was not disappointed.

I was so proud of Samantha today because she wanted to do the pony ride. She had a very serious look on her face the whole time but as soon as the ride was over, I had to drag her away from the pony area. She cried "Horsey Holly" (that was the horses name) over and over again. I felt so bad that I wanted to let her ride it again but I didn't have another 7 bucks with me!!

She has not stopped talking about "Horsey Holley" since we got home so I may just take her back tomorrow. I figure $7 bucks is cheaper than owning a pony ;)






After the pony ride Samantha was feeling so confident that she wanted to ride this thing:


I convinced her that a popsicle was a better option







3 comments:

kristen said...

That's fantastic! Good for her! We took C yesterday and she was enthralled w/the horses - but when asked if she wanted to go on one, we go the adamant/rapid shake of the head. =) So, good job for Samantha! You've got an adventurous one on your hands... rides and all!

Victoria Strong said...

This is so, so sweet! I love that she was so thrilled and can't stop talking about her horsey. Such a sweetheart.

The Paskins said...

Did you sing "Pony girl, pony girl, won't you be my pony girl?" to Sam??