I thought I would start sharing some of my favorite recipes that I make for dinner. This is a recipe from Food and Wine Magazine by Oliver Saucey - perfect last name for a Chef!
Mango-Jerk Tuna
4 servings
Ingredients1 small mango, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 small shallot, quartered
2 tablespoons prepared jerk sauce ***I made my own jerk sauce. I couldn't find a prepared jerk sauce that didn't have HFCS (High Fructose Corn Syrup) in it or several other additives that I don't like to cook with. I combined a little bit of each of the following in a food processor: jalapeno pepper, scallions, garlic, fresh ginger, fresh thyme, dried allspice, lime juice, ketchup (Trader Joes sells a non-HFCS ketchup) and pineapple juice
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon honey
Four 1/3 -inch-thick 7-ounce slices of sushi-quality tuna
Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions
In a food processor, combine the mango, shallot, jerk sauce, lime juice and honey. Process until smooth and transfer to a medium bowl. Add the tuna and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
Preheat the grill or broiler. Remove the tuna from the marinade, season with salt and pepper and grill on a lightly oiled rack or broiler pan for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes per side, for very rare, or slightly longer for medium. Serve with the Mango Couscous.
Mango Couscous
Ingredients
1 1/2 cups water
Salt
1 cup couscous ***I used whole wheat
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
1/4 cup finely diced mango
2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
Directions
In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and the couscous, cover and remove from the heat; fluff with a fork after 10 minutes. Transfer the couscous to a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, toss gently and serve.
I broiled the tuna this time and recommend grilling it instead so that you get the nice grill marks and have a crispier outer crust.
No comments:
Post a Comment