Thursday, December 11, 2008

Punky Power

So I was at Trader Joe's today in the produce section and an older man asked if I worked there. I told him sorry that I didn't and continued on my way. I knew him from somewhere but couldn't put my finger on it. Finally at the checkout area I realized it was Henry, Punky's dad, from Punky Brewster. That was my FAVORITE show when I was little. I purposely walked slow with my cart out to the parking lot because I knew he would be behind me. I am not really sure what I thought I was going to say to him..... "Hi, just wanted to say that I LOVED Punky Brewster" or worse I could have exclaimed "Punky Power!!!!!!" I refrained from saying anything lame and got in my car and went home. But now I am wishing I had said something because it is seriously 5 hours later and I am still thinking about it.

Children of the 80's know what I am talking about, right???

1 comment:

scituate said...

I know what you mean. When I lost my parking ticket appeal I was this close to standing up and quoting Jean-Luc Picard: "As long as laws are absolute there can be no justice!" I wish I had. But they probably would have arrested me.